Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favourite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, we'll make a list of our top ten something and this week, it's the Top Ten Favourite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger. 
I started blogging in September 2011, and since then, it has become one of my absolute favourite past times. I write book reviews, as well as everything else book related. Now for the list, though I'm sure there are many more then ten that deserve to be on this list! 
*in no particular order*




1. Charlotte's Web by E.B White
One of my favourite childhood books and one that I still adore to this day. It's one of those stories that stays with you and it was the first book that provoked some sort of emotion within me. I actually had tears in my eyes when Charlotte died. This was the book that got me into reading. 




2. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows 
Recommended to me, I read this book a few years ago. Written in letters, it introduced me to a new writing style and I have always loved books written this way.




3.Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
Also written in letters (a new one stuck to the refrigerator door every day) from mother to daughter, this is a short book that was so emotional it produced tears. I seriously recommend looking this one up. 






4. The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz
This wasn't so much a story, as more of a guide on all these awesome things you could do, being a girl. This book had articles on the history of women, things typically associated with women and lots of cool tricks to learn, like tying up your hair with a pencil. 








5. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Haven't I expressed my love of this series enough?










6. The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
Again, my love of these books transcends all boundaries.






7. The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer
I'll admit, I loved Twilight when I read it. It was so romantic and different and introduced me to the vampire/werewolf mythology that I now love so much. 









8. Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah
Such an emotional read, about a Chinese girl growing up within the confines of a hard and sometimes abusive family. Based on the author's experiences, this book is amazing and I cried so much when I came to the end.







9. Stolen by Lucy Christopher
This was one of those novels without chapters or breaks. Fast paced, about a girl drugged and kidnapped from an airport and taken to a remote desert area in the middle of nowhere.  










10. Finding Darcy by Sue Lawson
Lastly, this book was about a girl uncovering the history of her grandfather who died in the war. Once again, this was another enlightening and emotional read. 






All my new favourite books, I read after I started blogging, but these books will always have a place in my heart. Leave a comment if you've read any of these books and links for me to check out all your TTT lists! I look forward to replying to all your comments. :)

14 comments:

  1. I loved The Daring Book for Girls! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/08/beforeblogging/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Guernsey! I forgot how much I liked that book!

    And Charlotte's Web is such a classic! I love that book! Brings back such great memories.

    Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep they are great books. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved the Daring Book for Girls! There is a whole series of those books out now .. I have read a few of them! You should pick up the rest if you haven't yet! Here is my list:
    Top Ten Tuesday


    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I'll definitely look into that, thanks! I'll check out your list now too. :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE Vampire Academy!
    Great choice!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stolen is one of the best books I've ever read, it is so powerful and really makes you think. Harry Potter, Hunger Games and Twilight are great too! Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great books! Thanks for commenting! Checking out your TTT now. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh I love, love, love The Guerney Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It almost made my list today. And I couldn't agree with your more about my love for HP knowing no bounds. Best series ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it absolutely is the best series ever! Yep Guernsey is a great book, I should probably re-read it one of these days. Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  7. Ah, I've been wanting to read The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society for ages, I love writing letters so I figure I'll probably enjoy epistolary literature too. Have yet to find myself a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've listed two on my blog, Guernsey and Life on the Refrigerator Door are both written in letters. I would recommend those to start. :)

      Delete