I would just like to deeply thank Kali from Gemini Perspective for nominating me for this award! I'm really flattered! The Liebster Award gives great blogs that really don't get enough attention the opportunity to gain more readers and followers and this way we can get to know them because their blog is, well, awesome! So, as you can see, I really am excited that I got a nomination.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you for the award.
- List 11 things about yourself, answer the 11 questions from your nominator and then create 11 questions to give to your nominees.
- Select 11 nominees whose blogs have less than 200 followers, whom you think deserve attention from other bloggers and get in contact with them to let them know they've received a nomination from you.
11 Things About Myself:
1. Reading is my number one hobby/passion. I love reading and would do it all day (which I do!)
2. I'm kind of obsessive with my stuff.
3. I am a huge Potterhead! That is, I am a fan of the Harry Potter franchise. I've loved it ever since I was a little girl, and I'm still a fan now, though it's over.
4. I used to have a big, big, big crush on Johnny Depp and I would rent 3-4 of his movies every weekend and stay in and watch them.
5. Supernatural is my favorite TV show right now. They're currently filming their 8th season and if you're not already into this show, I suggest you check it out because it's really good!
6. Only a handful of people like the music I listen to, because it's not mainstream.
7. I have a younger sister, and I consider myself lucky that the two of us are so close, we have a lot of fun and tell each other everything.
8. I'm an English and History buff! I love learning! You know how people say you're either good at English or Math, and usually never both? Well yeah, that's the case here. Math is not my forte.
9. I love drinking Green Tea. I drink it every night, and I can't sleep without it. Actually, I love tea in general! Especially Green Tea though, and I love it when it's infused with other flavors like Green Tea and Lemon, Green Tea and Vanilla, Green Tea and Jasmine... Okay I think I've gone on enough about my love of Green Tea.
10. I have never and will never ever in my entire life, smoke a cigarette or get a piercing other than my ears.
11. I feel privileged to be writing this blog and never thought it would go this far, far enough that I can even write this post about being nominated for an award!
11 Questions from Gemini Perspective:
1. What first got you into reading? How old were you?
I can't remember what first got me into reading or even why I like it so much. I like to think it's a genetic thing because both my mother and grandmother were avid readers. I was probably about 5 when I first started reading.
2. What is your favorite setting for a book?
Interesting places, like underwater or a rainforest! Someplace cool!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I was interested in sharing my opinions on books with other book lovers and just to see what was out there in the blogging world! I can tell you now, I was so surprised at how huge the book blogging community is!
4. What is your biggest reading pet peeve? What is one thing you hate seeing in books?
I don't have a reading pet peeve! Well, not yet anyway. One thing I hate in books in predictability. I hate being able to predict what will happen, which is usually always.
5. Where do you accomplish most of your reading?
I get most of my reading done in my bedroom, sitting on my bed, or in the mornings when I wake up with a cup of tea (green) sitting on my bedside table.
6. If you could transport yourself to any book of your choosing, which would it be, and why?
Vampire Academy! Particularly the second one, Frostbite. These books are incredible and the characters are amazing, they're courageous, dedicated, strong... I would love to be a part of that!
7. What is the number one book you would recommend to others?
I would recommend Stolen by Lucy Christopher. That book is incredible.
8. Of all book-to-movie adaptions, which was your favorite? Which one did you dislike?
I loved I Am Number Four. I read that book and watched the movie and it was really good. One of my favorite movies now! I don't have one that I don't like yet.
9. Who is your favorite male and female character? And if you could dream-cast, who would you choose to portray them?
Rose Hathaway and Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy series. I would choose Chace Crawford for Adrian and I'm not sure who for Rose yet. Someone new!
10. Do you enjoy writing, or are you strictly a reader?
I do enjoy writing, I have a lot of ideas for books, but I can never get around to finishing them! I'm just not motivated enough, so I'd say I enjoy reading more.
11. You are now a superhero. What ability/power would you have?
I would have the ability to be invisible! Invisibility all the way!
11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite book/series of all time?
2. What is the longest time you have spent reading non-stop?
3. How long have you been blogging for, and why did you start?
4. Who is your favorite literary heroine/hero?
5. What is your favorite horror book of all time?
6. If you could meet any author in the entire world and ask them something, who would it be and what would you ask them?
7. Have you ever attempted writing? How did it go?
8. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
9. What book would you recommend to other book lovers above all others?
10. Do you prefer morning or night reading? Why?
11. Do you listen to music while you read or do you prefer not to? If so, what do you listen to?
My 11 nominees:
*Had a few declines, so I've nominated 10 blogs.
Kali from Gemini Perspective
Kathryn from Kathryn's Inbox
A barmy bookworm sitting on the shelf...
Belle from belle malory
Rallu from The Daydreamer
The Book Knoll
The open page
Manda from i solemnly swear
Amy from Cafe Reads
Feed on Books
Make sure you check out all their blogs and give them a follow!