Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Year of Release: 2010
ISBN: 978-1-84738-720-7
Source: Purchased
Number of Pages: 427 
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. But Patch has been acting anything but angelic lately. He's more elusive than ever and, even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Miller. Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who's moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him- despite her lingering feelings that he's hiding something.
Haunted be images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations as she searches for answers. But some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything- and everyone- she trusts. With just as much- maybe more- suspense and mystery than the last book, Crescendo was fast-paced and thrilling. Sexy and seductive. The first chapter suggests secrets and mystery and I found- just like last time- that I simply could not tear my eyes away from this book! There was a lot more humor in this one and I found myself laughing aloud in certain areas of the book, too. I keep a notepad and pen on my bedside table, which is also where I keep each book I am currently reading so that I can jot down things I like and dislike about a book while I read, which helps me write my review later. While reading Hush, Hush and Crescendo, the pages just keep filling up with my messy handwriting of all the things I loved about these books! I really admire Becca Fitzpatrick's style of writing, the characters she creates and the story lines she puts into action. Genius. Above all, I was incredibly impressed with the direction Becca took with the story. I didn't know so many secrets could come out in one book! It was like boom!, boom!, boom! and I was like "woah, slow down!". I was continually being shocked by all the things Nora was uncovering. Once again, very refreshing compared to other teen fiction books and definitely the best series out the the angel-themed bunch. 
Definitely a good read, although you will need to read Hush, Hush first to understand it properly and pay close attention. It can get a bit confusing! Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment